[Met-jobs] PhD position in atmospheric dynamics at Wageningen University
From 1 May 2021 there is a vacancy for a PhD position for a period of 4 years at the meteorology and air quality group, Wageningen university and Research, the Netherlands in atmospheric dynamics. The PhD position aims
at improving the understanding of cyclone clustering, and aims at finding the dominant driving mechanisms behind cyclone clustering. We will use both diagnostic analysis applied on reanalysis
data, complemented with modelling of case studies and sensitivity studies.
Qualifications and work tasks:
- Candidate must hold a MSc in meteorology or an equivalent degree or a related field.
- Good knowledge in atmospheric dynamics.
- Good skills in programming (e.g., FORTRAN, Python and/or Shell scripting).
- Experience with analysis of model and reanalysis data as well as performing model simulations is recommended.
- Objective analysis of reanalysis and high-resolution model data using feature detection and statistical methods
- Idealized and case study simulations
For more details and information on how to apply, please visit:
This vacancy will be listed up to and including 16
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any further questions about the position.
(or Reverse Date),