|From||Hanna Lee <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 5 Jan 2021 21:36:17 +0000|
A 2-year postdoctoral researcher position in land surface modeling is available at NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS, Climate, in Bergen, Norway. There is a possibility to become a permanent researcher after the 2-yr postdoc period. The main focus of the work will be to improve our understandings on climate change interaction between land surface, particularly high latitude ecosystems, using the coupled framework of the state-of-the-art Norwegian Earth System Model (NorESM). Main duties include but not limited to 1) studying the feedback cycles of climate-land-atmosphere using the NorESM or the CMIP6 simulations and publish, 2) working together with the NorESM community to evaluate models with observational data, and 3) maintain and analyze the CLM/CTSM in the framework of NorESM for the CMIP6 simulations and further NorESM development and testing. Prior experience with modeling, preferably with fully coupled ESMs, is necessary for this position. Applicants without sufficient modeling experience will not be considered.
Qualifications, requirements, and skills:
• PhD degree in mathematics, physics, atmospheric sciences, Earth science, biology, or a related discipline
• Experience with process-based land surface modeling is required (CLM is most beneficial)
• Expertise in terrestrial biogeochemistry, vegetation, and land-atmosphere interactions
• Skills in analyzing and visualizing large model data sets are required
• Proficiency in high level programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, Matlab, Python) is required
• Experience running Earth System Models is an advantage
• Ability to work across disciplines
• Good communication and team working skills while being proactive
• Demonstrated ability to disseminate results to scientific community through peer-reviewed publications, conference/workshop presentations etc.
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English
We can offer:
• A good and professionally motivating working environment
• Career development training
• A competitive salary
• Excellent welfare benefits
• Opportunities for independent project development
• Possibility to influence your own work, work-time and choice of solutions
For further information about the position, please contact Hanna Lee (email@example.com). Questions about the application process can be directed to HR Adviser Monika Voit (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The application must include:
• A 2-pg statement including motivation and research interests
• A full CV (summarizing education, positions, academic work including a list of publications, and other qualifying activity)
• A short summary of publications describing the applicant’s contribution (up to 10)
• Copies of educational certificates and transcript of records*
• Names and contact details of 2-3 referees (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
*Foreign applicants are recommended to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system.
*Please remember that all documents should either be in English or a Scandinavian language.
How to apply: Please apply using the link (https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/198444/). Applications sent by e-mail will not be considered.
Application deadline: 15 February 2021
Start date: ASAP, negotiable
Research Centre AS
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.