[Met-jobs] Postdoc position (atmospheric chemistry modelling) within the SULCLIM project
The Department of Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate (AC2)
is a research department within CSIC´s Institute of Physical
Chemistry Rocasolano (IQFR). AC2 research efforts are directed at
studying the role of atmospheric composition and chemistry in the
climate system. Further information about the group´s research can
be found at www.ac2.iqfr.csic.es
We invite applications for one postdoctoral position within the
project SULCLIM (The atmospheric SULfur cycle under a
changing CLIMate), in atmospheric sulphur chemistry-climate
The Postdoctoral Candidate is expected to:
• Contribute with the use of the chemistry-climate CAM-Chem
model to work on global tropospheric sulphur chemistry.
• As a part of a multidisciplinary group of scientists, she/he
will interact closely with other group members working on
tropospheric chemistry modelling and remote sensing.
• Contribute to further model development.
• Disseminate research results in peer review journals and at
Interested candidates must have:
• PhD or equivalent in a relevant field (atmospheric chemistry,
climate, physics, Earth system Models).
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and
• Interest in atmospheric chemistry, climate and atmospheric
dynamics and chemistry modelling.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience in modelling with Fortran 90 and parallel
computation frameworks such as MPI and/or OpenMP.
• Prior research experience in using global/regional
circulation models or chemistry transport models.
• Experience with data analysis and visualisation software
(e.g. IDL, MATLAB, PYTHON).
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and is
based on the CSIC salary scale.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Carlos A. Cuevas
(firstname.lastname@example.org) or Alfonso Saiz-Lopez (e-mail:
email@example.com). Applications will be considered until the
position is filled; however, applicants should submit applications
before September 15th 2020 to ensure full consideration. The
position is available immediately for a period of 1 year with a
possible extension up to 2 years. All applications must include
current curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and the
names and contact information of two professional references.
Carlos A. Cuevas
Department of Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate
Instituto de Química Física Rocasolano, CSIC
C/ Serrano, 119, 28006 Madrid
Tf: +34 91 561 94 00
Fax: +34 91 564 24 31
(or Reverse Date),