|From||Roger Brugge <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 14 Jul 2020 15:13:07 +0000|
Job Title: Meteorologist
Type: Full-Time (initial definite 12 month contract with the view to extend)
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Referrals: If you are a referral of a current DTN employee please outline this in your application.
As a Meteorologist you will work in a team of experienced forecasters, providing specific meteorological services within a number of sectors in the Europe. We are looking for full-time employees, who will be hired initially on a 12 month contract, with a view to extending this to permanent in appropriate cases.
The position is based in our office in Utrecht (The Netherlands)
Monitoring the weather through interpreting observations, radar and satellite imagery forms part of the job. You will make detailed forecasts for our customers working in sectors such as transport and monitoring (events). As the weather plays an important role, accurate weather forecasting is essential for safe and economical optimisation of work in a lot of businesses. Each client group has its own limitations and may require different parameters. It will be your task to serve these clients by providing all the necessary information and alerts.
Since the weather is a 24/7 hour business you will be working in shifts, including weekends, evenings and nights. We are looking for someone who enjoys working together with a team of energetic and creative colleagues, all over the world.
· Produce and deliver forecasts to key clients in various sectors, primarily in transport;
· Monitor these forecasts against actual data and update forecasts as required;
· Send out alerts to clients for special weather circumstances;
· Be the point of contact for customers for consulting questions;
· Brief colleagues on the overall weather ‘story’.
· You have a Meteorology or related degree, or be on course to obtain one soon;
· Experience within a forecasting environment is preferred;
· Good organisational and accuracy skills;
· Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines;
· A strong supportive team player;
· Native speaker and writer of the following language;
· Additional languages desirable, however not mandatory;
· Relocation benefits provided for applicants residing outside Netherlands.
· Birthday and Christmas Allowance
· Commuter Allowance
· Company Outings
· Office amenities: fruit bar, table tennis, table football, gym, cafeteria, lockers, coffee bar.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.