|From||"Peng, Jian" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 9 Jul 2020 14:58:15 +0000|
We plan to employ 1 or 2 research scientists in the filed of remote sensing and hydrology. Please help us circulate these opportunities to anyone who might be interested.
1 or 2 Research Scientist positions – Remote Sensing and Hydrology
The Remote Sensing Department in Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research (UFZ) is planning to employ 1 or 2 highly motivated talents to conduct innovative research in the field of remote sensing and hydrology. Our department conducts innovative research to advance the understanding of the Earth system by various remote sensing techniques. It has extensive research experience in quantifying land surface dynamics via multi-source Earth observations across scales. Another focus lies on the investigation of land-atmosphere interaction and climate extremes using novel remote sensing products. The Research Scientist will bring expertise and capabilities that complement and broaden the department’s research portfolio (https://www.ufz.de/index.php?en=43327), with a focus on remote sensing and hydrology. Responsibilities include:
- Perform innovative research related to hydrological remote sensing and land-atmosphere interactions, and possess a wide range of skills and knowledge in microwave remote sensing, satellite data analysis, machine learning technologies, radiative transfer model, and land surface modeling.
- Work collaboratively with co-researchers within UFZ and collaborators from partner institutes and universities.
- Act as team leader, coordinate and provide guidance to doctoral students and post-doc researchers.
- Prepare proposals for third-party funding, and promote international networking.
- Publish in highly-ranked, peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Contribute to the MSc teaching activities in the Faculty of Physics and Earth Sciences at Leipzig University.
- PhD degree in remote sensing, meteorology, hydrology, physical geography, environmental sciences, physics, statistics, computer sciences, or similar.
- Excellent computational and programming skills (e.g., Python, Fortran, R, or Matlab).
- Strong track record of publications in peer-reviewed international-excellent journals.
- Very good communication skills in English, and strong interest to work in an interdisciplinary research team.
- Successful experience in third-party funding application is an asset.
- World-class research environment with excellent technical facilities.
- Work in inter-disciplinary, multinational teams and excellent links with national and international research networks.
- Provide a range of training and education opportunities to support your career development, particularly the establishment of your own researcher group.
- A vibrant region with a high quality of life and a wide cultural offering for a balance between family and professional life.
- 100% full time position limited for 3 years with the possibility to extend or turn into a permanent position after evaluation.
- Remuneration at public-sector pay grade TVöD E13 including attractive public-sector social security benefits.
Please submit your _expression_ of interest as a single pdf including a cover letter, a CV (including publications), research plan, and the contact information for two referees to Prof. Dr. Jian Peng ( firstname.lastname@example.org).
_expression_ of Interest Deadline: 1 August 2020
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.