|From||Bijoy Thompson <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 29 May 2020 03:57:56 +0000|
Postdoc/Research Fellow position in NEMO Numerical Ocean Modeling at the Tropical Marine Science Institute in National University of Singapore, Singapore.
We are seeking a highly motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to lead the development and testing of a regional configuration of the ocean circulation model NEMO. The successful applicant is expected to perform experiments for improving the vertical mixing representation in NEMO model configured for the eastern Indian Ocean/South China Sea region. Successful candidate must have a PhD in a physical oceanography, numerical ocean modeling experience and excellent technical, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal to disseminate key results to the project partners and government stakeholders.
Qualification and Experience
- Ph.D in physical oceanography with good understanding in air-sea interaction and ocean dynamics.
- Experience in the development of regional ocean models is essential. Prior modeling experience with NEMO will be an advantage in the selection process.
- Experience with studies on vertical mixing parameterisation in ocean models.
- Excellent data analysis and data visualization skills. Good technical skill in Linux shell scripting, python, matlab, pyferret or similar packages.
- Should be able to work in a self‐directed manner and within a team environment
Initially, the position will be offered for 1 year and shall be renewed depending on performance and funding availability. The position expected start from late 2020/early 2021. Review of applications will begin immediately. To apply, please send a cover letter, full CV together with names and contact information for two references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Pavel Tkalich) or email@example.com (Bijoy Thompson). Only short listed candidates will be further contacted for an interview.
Please add ‘Application for the post of NEMO modeller at TMSI NUS’ in the subject line.
Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.