are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to work on a NERC-funded project investigating the variability of ocean heat transport and how it influences the sea surface temperature and climate.
To address this, the successful applicant may conduct analysis of observation datasets (ARGO, ocean re-analysis) and/or carry out and analyse
numerical simulations with a General Circulation Model. The approach is open to discussion and can be adapted to the strengths of the successful candidate.
duration of the appointment is between 12 and 15 months. Starting date: May 2020 but (for obvious reasons at this point!) later dates will be considered.
You will have:
- A PhD in physical oceanography or closely related field;
- Excellent analytical and computational skills;
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis methods;
- Ideally, experience of numerical modelling of the ocean;
- Ability to carry out independent research work;
- Good communication, presentation, and writing skills.
Job advert and link to the application page here: