|From||Sara Jackson <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 3 Mar 2020 18:58:38 +0000|
We are looking for an enthusiastic, structured and ambitious student to be part of our Ports and Offshore Technology Department at our headquarters in Hørsholm, Denmark.
As an atmospheric modeller intern, you'll be undertaking atmospheric modelling (using WRF model) and statistical analysis of meteorological processes (especially tropical climate such as typhoons/cyclones etc.) to support establishing data suitable for design and operation of offshore wind turbines worldwide. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge under supervision of our experts and learn more about real-life projects and our client’s needs to serve the offshore wind industry.
We are dedicated to providing the right candidate with the training needed to take an active part in our team and grow their expertise.
· Numerical modelling using Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF) model
· Processing of large model outputs in Linux/Windows
· Operation of high-resolution WRF models on high performance computers
The students we select are obligated to have good grades as consultancy within water environments is demanding and challenging. We are looking for candidates who:
· Are studying for a master’s degree
· Basic experience with compiling and using Weather Research software such as WRF
· Basic knowledge of tropical meteorology is preferable
· Good knowledge in Linux/Unix and some experience in Shell
· Good programming skills in Matlab (or Python or similar)
· Good communication and report writing skills in English
· To work at DHI means being part of an organisation that is the global leader in solving the world’s toughest challenges in water environment. We appreciate creativity and provide you with room to grow. We will offer you:A dynamic working environment
· A great opportunity to utilise, shape and expand your skills and expertise
· A job in an informal and truly international environment
· A team of highly specialized and dedicated colleagues
· Internship of 5-6 months
Hørsholm, Denmark - 25 km north of Copenhagen.
You will have the chance to live in one of the most liveable capitals in the world. Public transport makes it very easy to reach our office.
Please submit your application including cover letter, CV and transcript of grades on DHI’s website:
Deadline for application is (01-04-2020).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.