|Date||Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:13:02 +0000|
Please find below an exciting position for a meteorologist:
We are currently looking for a Meteo Analyst located in Madrid (with regular travel between Madrid and Brussels).
is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
is one of ENGIE’s Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
As meteo analyst you will analyze multiple sources of weather forecasts to develop his own opinion. You will contribute to activities related to weather forecast of the main variables impacting energy markets: energy consumption as well as renewable production. You will support the energy market analysts, the traders and GEM front entities to develop directional market views and maximize the portfolio value.
Your activities will cover the following:
· Travel on regular basis
· Graduated with a Master degree in (Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
· In depth understanding of Numerical Weather Prediction models and weather data
· Experience in weather forecast analysis in an energy business context
· Analytical and programming skills in Python (and/or R)
· Good communication skills: ability to explain and convey messages about complex issues and models; ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
· Ability to cope with tight deadlines
· Team spirit
· Fluent in Portuguese and English is a must
· Knowledge of Spanish is a strong added value
How to apply
Global Energy Management
3MV - Market Modeling and Market View
M. +33 (0)772 032 104
T. +33 (0)144 221 992
ENGIE Mail Disclaimer: http://www.engie.com/disclaimer/
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.