|From||Roger Brugge <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 28 Jan 2020 16:30:22 +0000|
The role includes:
• Provide specialist advice and support research undertaken by academic staff and students.
• Provide day-to-day oversight and maintenance of the research facilities (Instrument Test Laboratory / Electronics Workshop / Meteorological Weather Observatory) and related resources within the Meteorology Department.
• Support the deployment, setup and operation of (primarily meteorological) instrumentation.
• Aid in the design and construction (particularly electronic) of bespoke equipment.
• Collect data from a wide range of research equipment, developing computer-software interfaces where necessary.
• Planning and execution of field and laboratory experiments.
• Involvement in off-site research fieldwork activities, both in the UK and abroad.
• Maintain state-of-the-art awareness to aid advance and design of new equipment or techniques that contribute to the enhancement of research capability.
• Manage the outsourcing of tasks, as required, to external companies and service providers.
• Oversee purchasing of equipment, liaising with suppliers and academic staff.
• Troubleshooting and fault finding, liaising and organising service and repair by external contacts.
• Identify requirements and assist in the maintenance of Health and Safety documentation.
• Any other duties as defined by the line manager that do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
Full details can be found here: https://jobs.reading.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?jobid=6327
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.