|From||"Carlos A. Cuevas" <email@example.com>|
|Tofirstname.lastname@example.org, Alfonso Saiz-Lopez <email@example.com>|
|Date||Wed, 15 Jan 2020 12:45:02 +0100|
The Department of Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate (AC2) is a newly created research department within CSIC´s Institute of Physical Chemistry Rocasolano (IQFR). AC2 research efforts are directed at studying the role of atmospheric composition and chemistry in the climate system. Further information about the group´s research can be found at www.ac2.iqfr.csic.es
We invite applications for one postdoctoral position within the ERC project CLIMAHAL (Climate dimensions of natural halogens in the Earth System: past, present and future), in atmospheric halogen chemistry-climate modelling.
The Postdoctoral Candidate is expected to:
· Contribute with the use of the chemistry-climate CAM-Chem model to work on global tropospheric halogen chemistry.
· As a part of a multidisciplinary group of scientists, she/he will interact closely with other group members working on tropospheric chemistry modelling and remote sensing.
· Contribute to further model development.
· Disseminate research results in peer review journals and at international conferences.
Interested candidates must have:
· PhD or equivalent in a relevant field (climate, physics, meteorology, Earth system models).
· Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
· Interest in climate, atmospheric dynamics and chemistry modelling.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
· Experience in modelling with Fortran 90 and parallel computation frameworks such as MPI and/or OpenMP.
· Prior research experience in using global/regional circulation models or chemistry transport models.
· Experience with data analysis and visualisation software (e.g. IDL, MATLAB, PYTHON, PV‑WAVE).
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and is based on the CSIC salary scale.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Alfonso Saiz-Lopez (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will be considered until the position is filled; however, applicants should submit applications before February 15th 2020 to ensure full consideration. The position is available immediately for a period of 1 year with a possible extension up to 2 years. All applications must include current curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and the names and contact information of two professional references.
-- Carlos A. Cuevas Department of Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate Instituto de Química Física Rocasolano, CSIC C/ Serrano, 119, 28006 Madrid Tf: +34 91 561 94 00 Ext: 961359 Fax: +34 91 564 24 31 www.ac2.iqfr.csic.es
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.