|From||"Galarneau, Elisabeth (EC)" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 7 Jan 2020 19:16:01 +0000|
Post-Doctoral Position: Air Quality Research Division, Environment and Climate Change Canada
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The Air Quality Processes Research Section of Environment Canada’s Air Quality Research Division invites applications for the position of
The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in a physical science or engineering with specialization relevant to the study of atmospheric pollution using chemical transport models. They will assist in the development, evaluation, and application of ECCC’s air quality modelling system for PAHs, benzene, and other air toxics.
Potential research tasks include
· refinement of model process representations
· assessment of model performance relative to measurements in ambient air and deposition
· simulation of past and projected future pollutant burdens
· improvement of model-ready emission inventories
· determination of contributions from relevant emission sources
· assessment of environmental impacts of airborne releases.
Experience in any of the following areas are further assets for employment in these positions
· coding using Fortran90
· scientific programming in a UNIX/Linux environment using shell scripting
· data analysis using R and/or statistical analysis programs
· sampling and chemical analysis of PAHs and other air toxics in air and/or deposition
· demonstrated ability to publish in the peer-reviewed scientific literature.
Qualified candidates are requested to send the following to Dr. Elisabeth Galarneau by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
· one-page cover letter describing how their knowledge and experience could contribute to the tasks associated with the position
· curriculum vitæ, including a full list of publications and conference presentations
· names and contact details for three (3) references.
Qualified candidates must also apply to the Government of Canada’s Postdoctoral Research Program (https://nrcan-rncan.hiringplatform.ca/6355-postdoctoral-research-program-prp/20673-application-form/en). Acceptance to the program is a necessary condition of employment.
Environment and Climate Change Canada's Air Quality Research Division studies the chemistry and physics of the atmosphere as it pertains to a variety of atmospheric pollution problems.
Elisabeth Galarneau, Ph.D.
Research Scientist, Air Quality Research Division
Principal Investigator, State of Knowledge Report on Polycyclic Aromatic Compounds
in the Canadian Environment
Environment and Climate Change Canada / Government of Canada
email@example.com / Telephone 416-739-4431 / Facsimile 416-739-4281
Chercheuse scientifique, Division de la recherche en qualité de l’air
Investigatrice principale, Rapport sur l’état des connaissances des composés aromatiques polycycliques
dans l’environnement canadien
Environnement et Changement climatique Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org / Téléphone 416-739-4431 / Télécopieur 416-739-4281
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.