|From||Michael Gerding <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 7 Jan 2020 14:23:24 +0100|
The Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics (IAP) in Kühlungsborn/Germany is an independent member of the Leibniz Association with its research focus in the middle atmosphere. The IAP offers different
doctoral researcher positions
to be filled for the duration of three years. The positions cover 66% of a full position (with option of extension to 75%) and are partly subject to approval by the funding agencies. Remuneration will be based on German public service salary scale TV-L up to salary group 13. Temporal limits are based on public law (§ 2 WissZeitVG).
The IAP operates different lidars and radars for measurements in the middle atmosphere, in situ instruments for fine-scale observations with sounding rockets and stratospheric balloons, as well as atmospheric models for the analysis of ice layers in the middle atmosphere. With its combination of instruments and expertise, and the dedication to basic research in the middle atmosphere, IAP is one of the leading institutes in its field.
The offered positions cover in particular
· Turbulence soundings with the balloon borne instrument LITOS, including further development of the instrument (Code mj2020-01)
· Installation and operation of a new Doppler wind lidar at Kuehlungsborn, including geophysical evaluation of the data (Code mj2020-02)
· Geophysical analysis of combined four-dimensional measurements from lidar and radar as well as model simulations of the middle atmosphere (3 positions, Codes mj2020-03/04/05)
· Rocket-borne plasma measurements in the polar middle atmosphere (Code mj2020-06)
· Modeling of polar mesospheric cloud (PMC/NLC) trends with regard to climate change, and comparison with observed data, including satellites (Code mj2020-07)
Further details about the different positions can be found at https://www.iap-kborn.de/en/current-issues/jobs.
Your skills and knowledge: The candidate should comply with the following demands (depending on the particular position):
· Holding a degree equivalent to a MSc (with very good marks) in physics, meteorology or a related discipline, qualifying for pursuing a PhD
· Large interest in experimental physics, geophysics and data analysis
· Basic knowledge in computer programming (e.g. Python, Matlab, C++)
· Large interest in science questions, a high level of self-organization and motivation is required.
Our offer: The Leibniz-Institute of Atmospheric Physics offers a diversified position in an institution in close proximity to the Baltic Sea, an excellent work infrastructure, structured PhD qualification and participation in international research. The promotion is done in close cooperation with the University Rostock. The IAP offers participation in the professional pension system (VBL).
The IAP supports a family-friendly human resource policy. It aims to increase participation of women where they are under-represented. Therefore, women are explicitly invited to apply. Applicants with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in case of equal qualification.
The application: Applicants are invited to submit their convincing application (cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of certificates, possibly testimonies and references), referring to the particular code number, to
Leibniz Institute of Atmospheric Physics
Personnel office / Mrs. Kurreck
18225 Kühlungsborn, Germany
Application and travel costs cannot be covered. By sending your application you agree in the processing of your personal data for the purpose of this application procedure.
Further information on IAP is available under https://www.iap-kborn.de.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.