[Met-jobs] Job position at CMCC Foundation - Software Developer for the Digital Ocean (Research Associate)
The CMCC is taking into consideration the possibility to hire a talented, motivated and proactive Software Developer to support the research and the service improvement activity.
The location is CMCC – Ocean Predictions and Applications (OPA) office in Via Augusto Imperatore 16 Lecce (Italy).
The position is for a software developer (i.e., technical career at CMCC) with strong programming skills, in order to support both the research in ocean field and the transition to the operational activities of the OPA division.
It is required to hold following qualifications:
- M.Sc. degree (or equivalent working experience) in Computer Science, Engineering or other scientific disciplines (e.g physics, mathematics)
- good knowledge and skills in programming language (i.e Python and Fortran)
- knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems and script languages (i.e. *nix shell)
Furthermore, it is welcome that you have as much as possible of the following experience:
- fluency in English
- knowledge of workflow management platforms
- experience in managing/manipulating NetCDF data
- knowledge of version control systems (i.e., git)
- knowledge of ocean and/or wave and/or hydrology numerical models
Belonging to legally protected categories (ex L. 68/99) will constitute a preferential condition.
The initial appointment is for 24 months, starting as soon as possible.
The annual salary will be ranged 24-36 kEUR for junior research associates and 32-50 kEUR for senior research associates.
More information about this open position
Centro Euro-Mediterraneo sui Cambiamenti Climatici
Via Augusto Imperatore, 16 - 73100 Lecce
email@example.com - www.cmcc.it
(or Reverse Date),