|From||"Prevot Andre (PSI)" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Sat, 7 Dec 2019 09:12:44 +0000|
The Paul Scherrer Institute PSI is the largest research institute for natural and engineering sciences within Switzerland. We perform cutting-edge research in the fields of matter and materials, energy and environment and human health. By performing fundamental and applied research, we work on sustainable solutions for major challenges facing society, science and economy. PSI is committed to the training of future generations. Therefore, about one quarter of our staff are post-docs, post-graduates or apprentices. Altogether, PSI employs 2100 people.
For the Laboratory of Atmospheric Chemistry we are looking for two
Emissions and secondary formation of ambient particles from various emission sources
· Research on aging of cooking and cigarette smoke emissions and aging
· Research on wasted burning emissions and chloride reaction related chemistry
· Research on aging of mixed emissions
· Use of smog chambers and reaction flow reactors to study aging processes
· Run aerosol mass spectrometer (electron ionization) and extractive electrospray ionization mass spectrometer and various other instrumentation
· Support a collaboration with other students/postdocs doing chamber and ambient measurements
· Writing high quality peer-reviewed publications
· Master in aerosol science or related, ideally with knowledge in mass spectrometry
· Very good programming skills
· Very good English oral and writing skills
· Interested in working with others in a team
Our institution is based on an interdisciplinary, innovative and dynamic collaboration. You will profit from a systematic training on the job, in addition to personal development possibilities and our pronounced vocational training culture. If you wish to optimally combine work and family life or other personal interests, we are able to support you with our modern employment conditions and the on-site infrastructure.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr Andre Prevot, phone +41 56 310 42 02.
Please submit your application online by 18 December 2019 (including addresses of referees) for the position as a PhD Student (index no. 5501-04).
Paul Scherrer Institut Human Resources Management, Mariusz Prus, 5232 Villigen PSI, Switzerland
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.