|From||"Letscher, Reiner" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Wed, 23 Oct 2019 07:50:04 +0000|
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, a multidisciplinary centre for climate and Earth system research located in Hamburg, Germany, invites applications for a
Postdoc in Atmospheric Chemistry Modelling (W067)
to support research activities of the Klimapolis project in the Environmental Modelling Group. The Klimapolis project is a joint partnership between Germany and Brazil, funded by BMBF. The project operates in diverse urban environments across Brazil, focusing on the major sources of carbon emissions. With the use of a network of observations and state-of-the-art modeling tools, Klimapolis partners will work towards the reinforcement of the Brazilian climate and air quality research networks, which will be linked with research activities conducted in Germany.
The main objective for this position is to develop and apply multiscale atmospheric models in the South American region (specifically Brazil) in order to investigate regional to urban scale air quality and attribute sources of air pollution in the region.
· A PhD in Atmospheric sciences, Geosciences, Physics, Applied Mathematics or a related field
· Experience in the development of numerical models and their application to atmospheric problems, specifically atmospheric chemistry and/or climate
· Good communication skills, ability to work autonomously and self-responsible
· Fluency in English as working language. Knowledge of German and/or Portuguese is welcome
· The position is offered for two years, with a starting date as soon as possible.
· Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVoeD E14), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
· The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
· The Max-Planck Society is committed to increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals.
· Furthermore, the Max Planck Society seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications and ability to fulfil the responsibilities as outlined for this project.
How to submit your application for this post
1. A concise letter of motivation (in English)
2. A curriculum vitae incl. a list of publications (in English)
3. The names and contact data for two referees
by uploading the documents in our online application system:
Deadline for applying
Applications received prior to 26 November 2019 will receive full consideration.
For further information, please contact Nico Caltabiano (nico.caltabiano(at) mpimet.mpg.de).
Do not forward your application to this email address; the applications need to be submitted through the online application system (see link above).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.