|From||Roger Brugge <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 22 Oct 2019 17:12:31 +0000|
DXT Commodities, for its Lugano office, is looking for a Quantitative Meteorologist to strengthen the weather analysis team that supports the Power Trading desk. Applicants should have at least three years of relevant working or research experience and passion for quantitative weather analysis.
The candidate will be part of a highly skilled Analysis team and will work with weather related data to generate trading signals for the trading desk.
· In-depth quantitative analysis of weather models to create added value for the mid-term forecast;
· Develop algorithms and strategies based on the weather to power models to generate signals for power trading;
· Improve solar and wind farm power forecast.
· Strong academic background in Meteorology, Physics, Mathematics, etc.
· Advanced programming skills (ideally solid knowledge of Python) and familiar with UNIX
· Understanding of numerical weather models and their output (GRIB files, netCDF files, etc.)
· Desirably expertise in Machine Learning
· Experience within energy trading is a plus
· Fluent in English
· Permanent position with attractive remuneration package
· Young, dynamic and highly skilled professional environment
DXT Commodities SA is an international commodities trading company, active in the European wholesale power and natural gas markets and leader in the offtake of renewable energy in Italy, with over 3,5 GW of installed capacity managed.
DXT trading expertise and deep focus on technological innovation allowed to expand the businesses across the world and to cover a growing range of commodities, delivering results and constantly improving the performance over the years.
Please send your updated CV together with a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
See also: https://www.dxtcommodities.com/careers/
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.