|From||"Kunstmann, Harald (IMK)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 18 Oct 2019 10:24:37 +0000|
The Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) with its Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research / Atmospheric Environmental Research (KIT/IMK-IFU) at Campus Alpin in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, invites applications for a
Full time PostDoc/Senior Scientist position (m / f / d) in the field of climate and malaria modeling for Sub-Saharan Africa,
starting 1st of January 2020 or at earliest convenience and for a duration of three years.
The scientist will participate in a research unit entitled “Climate Change and Health in Sub-Saharan Africa”, which is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG).
The main objective of our research is the quantification of small-scale hydrometeorological variability and its tailored use in subsequent malaria transmission modelling. This comprises specific high resolution coupled hydro-meteorological modeling approaches, processing of satellite derived remote sensing products, malaria transmission modeling and the development of uncertainty quantification approaches. The research is performed for two regions in Burkina Faso and Kenia and is realized in close cooperation with German universities and local African partners.
· Above average university degree in natural-science (PhD), preferably in meteorology, hydrology, physical geography, environmental engineering or physics, as well as an excellent scientific record
· Demonstrated expertise in meteorological and/or hydrological modeling (preferably WRF and WRF-Hydro), alternatively (or additionally) in malaria transmission modeling (preferably VECTRI)
· Competent with FORTRAN and either Python or R; good knowledge of UNIX/Linux including scripting; ability to work with high-performance computing systems
· Willingness to assist and supervise climate station setup and operation in the two target regions (Burkina Faso and Kenia)
· Self-reliant and responsible working style, flexibility and the capacity of team work
· Pleasure and commitment to an international orientation of research
· Very good knowledge of spoken and written English
KIT promotes the professional equality of women. It stands up for compatibility of family and professional life. Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
The required qualifications have to be attached in the application papers by means of corresponding certificates/documents. Applications (please only in English) including the usual attachments (CV, PhD-and other certificates, documents, publication list, etc.) should be submitted as a single pdf-file
until 1st of November, 2019
Prof. Dr. Harald Kunstmann
Institute of Meteorology and Climate Research (IMK-IFU)
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
82467 Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
and in copy to Verena Wedler, Email email@example.com
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.