|From||Roger Brugge <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Thu, 17 Oct 2019 07:46:02 +0000|
The Center for Research in Wind (CReW,) at the University of Delaware (UD) is seeking a Post-doctoral Scientist with expertise in WRF simulations of wind farm wakes. This position is initially for 12 months with extensions possible up to two years based on mutual interest and availability of funds. The starting date is January 1, 2020 or sooner.
The successful candidate will focus on simulations of the interactions between air flow and wind turbines. The project involves the use and further development of an existing wind farm parameterization for the WRF model. The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- Ph.D. in environmental engineering, meteorology, or a closely related field;
- Advanced knowledge of WRF, including familiarity with the Fitch parameterization for wind farms;
- Knowledge of C and/or Fortran;
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux;
- Familiarity with parallel environments (e.g., openMPI);
- Knowledge of post-processing software for complex flow field analysis (e.g., NCL, Matlab)
Applicants should apply though this link:
Dr. Cristina Archer (may be contacted for additional information. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.