|From||Matt Newman <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 1 Oct 2019 13:35:42 -0600|
The Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) in Boulder, Colorado is seeking a post-doctoral or an early career research scientist to work at the NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL) in the Physical Sciences Division (PSD).
The chosen candidate will examine the predictability of environmental conditions related to agriculture at lead times of up to two years for many regions of the globe in support of the Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET). Forecasts of environmental conditions, including sea surface temperatures, precipitation, soil moisture and near surface air temperature from dynamical model-analogs, empirical models and initialized dynamical models will be developed, if applicable, and assessed by the chosen candidate.
More info at https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=21429
This position will be located in Boulder, Colorado, with an office at the NOAA Earth System Research Lab (ESRL), Physical Sciences Division (PSD).
• Ph.D. in a physical science with expertise in meteorology, oceanography, hydrology or related discipline.
• Proficiency in writing and speaking English, and exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• The ability to travel 1-3 times per year.
• Excellent technical and communication skills and be comfortable working in a team environment.
Additionally, we would like:
• Experience with initialized forecast systems, empirical forecast models and coupled climate models.
• Experience developing structured code in commonly used languages.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.