|From||"Robert Carruthers" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Wed, 25 Sep 2019 12:53:42 +0100|
Career Opportunity. Quantitative Meteorologist (Power Trading). Private Trading House. Location. Northern Denmark.
We are representing a Private trading house who are looking to recruit a Quantitative Meteorologist to join the trading desk based in Northern Switzerland.
You will be part of a highly skilled Analysis and Algorithms team where you will work with weather related data to generate trading signals for the trading teams.
· Build reginal and country-wide weather to power forecast models (wind, solar, consumption) based on raw meteorology data (EC/GFS, etc.)
· Develop algorithms and strategies based on weather to power models to generate trading signals for short- and long-term power trading
· Simulate and backtest trading algorithms using historical power prices
· Launch and operate trading algorithms
· Strong programming skills (ideally expert knowledge of Python or another numerical programming language)
· Strong academic background in relevant field, e.g. fluid dynamics engineering, physics, etc.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience within the field of applied quantitative meteorology
· Preferably experience within energy trading
The client offers a highly competitive salary, incentivisation structure and the opportunity to join a successful and dynamic team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a copy of your resume and your earliest possible start date (accounting for any notice period to be served).
I look forward to hearing from you.
Global Head of Commodities
Global Commodity Search
M: +44 (0) 7713 498 984
LEGAL DISCLAIMER. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.