Météo-France are looking to recruit a system engineer for a fixed-term contract from January 2020 to February 2022 to participate in the EUMETSAT Ocean and Sea Ice Satellite Application Facility (OSI SAF) project. She/he should be familiar with the following topics : specification and description of systems (especially with SysML), system verification and validation, French and English languages.
Candidates should send the following documents by e-mail to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- motivation letter
- names and contact details of referees, if possible.
Job location : Météo-France, Centre de Météorologie Spatiale (CMS) - Avenue de Lorraine - Lannion - France
Météo-France and OSI SAF
Within the OSI SAF consortium, Météo-France is responsible for the creation of sea surface temperature and radiative fluxes products, on an operational basis, from several geostationary and polar satellites.
The arrival of EUMETSAT next generation of satellites, Meteosat Third Generation (MTG) Metop Second Generation (Metop-SG) , will require the adaptation of the production and distribution system and the development of new processing chains at CMS, a Météo-France center based in Lannion. This center carries out, in the field of satellite observation, research projects, operational production (24/7), development and maintenance of production systems under operational conditions.
The system engineer, attached to the OSI SAF project, will work within the group responsible for the development and maintenance of operational software at CMS. They will also interact with the production group, in charge of the operational production, and with the research and development team dedicated to ocean studies, in particular its engineer-developer.
The successful candidate will be responsible for integrating, testing and documenting the OSI SAF production system (reception, pre-processing, processing, dissemination) within CMS. This implies:
- to document the system architecture for the reviews organized by EUMETSAT.
- to realize the integration of the new components.
- to define and carry out verification and validation tests, and to document them.
- to participate in the reviews organized by EUMETSAT
Main tasks of the position:
- becoming familiar with the existing production system and the existing documentation.
- providing technical assistance to the operational production team.
- improving and updating existing documentation (requirements, system architecture, verification and validation plan, test sheets) in accordance with EUMETSAT instructions.
- integrating new components in compliance with the rules imposed by the operational environment of Météo-France.
- handling test datasets provided by EUMETSAT.
- defining verification tests (before launch of the satellite, with simulated data): engineering test, mainly to demonstrate the robustness and the timeliness.
- defining validation tests (after launch of the satellite, with real data).
- carrying out tests.
- writing the documentation for the reviews imposed by EUMETSAT for the ground segment of the MTG and Metop-SG space programs.
- interacting with the review board (written and at meetings)
Ocean and Sea Ice Satellite Application Facility (OSI SAF)
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +33 2 96 05 67 96