|From||Roger Brugge <email@example.com>|
|Date||Sun, 8 Sep 2019 15:27:54 +0000|
We have a postdoctoratal position at Evry Paris-Saclay to
work on "Turbulence modelling of atmospheric dispersion in low wind-speed conditions and in urban environments" at the LMEE (Laboratory of Mechanics and Energetics), University of Evry Paris-Saclay. It is a one year, renewable position (up to three years maximum). More details on the position and the criteria for applying are available hereafter:
The Environmental Fluid Mechanics and Environment group at Evry Paris-Saclay’s University invites applications for a Postdoctoral Researcher to participate in a project funded by the French Government Defense (DGA). The position is available immediately, with a desired starting date before October 1, 2019. The appointment is for 12-36 months, subject to satisfactory performance.
Our goal is to build on the previous work of the Principal Investigator and other researchers to develop, validate and make available to the community improved and more physically realistic models for urban air quality, in the particular case of low wind conditions, at the neighborhood scale. The ALADIN/AROME numerical weather prediction models (developed by Météo-France, the French national meteorological service) will be employed for Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) model (Code_Saturne®, from EDF) for anisotropic turbulent dispersion with various resolutions and various representations of buildings, including urban canopy models and building-resolving simulations.
In addition to a PhD in a relevant atmospheric science or engineering field, candidates should possess the following skills and training or a demonstrated ability to fill in gaps in their background on the fly:
1. Strong Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) experience with demonstrated skills in code creation compatible with the AROME code structure and language.
2. Knowledge of experience in anisotropic turbulence modeling and atmospheric dispersion.
3. Strong public speaking and writing skills, demonstrated by a record of conference presentations and public seminars and creation of refereed conference or journal papers.
To apply, please click here
to fill out the online form, and then send a follow-up email with these attachments in pdf format:
1. Cover letter describing research training and experience, interests and motivation to participate in this effort.
2. Curriculum vitae and names and contact information of three (3) references.
3. Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
The review of applications will begin on September 1st, 2019, and the position will remain open until filled. Salary depends on experience and the position includes benefits.
Dr Amir-Ali Feiz (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of Evry Paris-Saclay, LMEE, MFE Group, 40 rue du Pelvoux, 91000 Evry, France,
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.