|From||Dusanka Zupanski <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 6 Sep 2019 09:57:05 -0600|
Data Assimilation Scientist
Background: Spire Global is seeking a Data Assimilation Scientist that will contribute to the Company’s effort of developing advanced Data Assimilation (DA) methods in support of our satellite missions. This is an exciting opportunity for motivated scientists to make a difference through advancing DA techniques and assimilating unprecedented large amounts of Radio Occultation (GNSS-RO), Reflectomerty (GNSS-R) and other satellite data. The successful candidate will join DA Team at Spire branch office in Boulder, Colorado, USA, and will have opportunities to work with top-level scientists at Spire, as well as scientists from around the world, on issues that matter.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will work with Spire DA, global weather forecasting and software engineering teams to implement and evaluate cutting-edge DA methods and assimilate large amounts of GNSS-RO, GNSS-R and other satellite data into the Global Validation Model (GVM). Responsibilities will include the following tasks:
· Proposing and implementing innovative approaches to DA, data processing and quality control.
· Implementing cutting-edge capabilities for assimilating GNSS-RO, GNSS-R and other satellite data into the GVM.
· Developing and implementing methodologies for estimating forecast sensitivity to observations.
· Working with the software engineering team to define most effective software solutions.
· Presenting research findings at scientific conferences or workshops.
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin upon the receipt of applications and continue until the positions are filled.Annual Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.