|From||"Duncan, Bryan N. (GSFC-6140)" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Tue, 2 Jul 2019 15:26:44 +0000|
1) Job Description
This position for an air pollution data analyst and project manager is in the Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics Laboratory at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, a world leader in developing satellite datasets of atmospheric trace gases and aerosols for stratospheric ozone layer and air pollution research. The successful candidate will (a) lead independent and team-oriented scientific analyses of satellite data of air pollution and communicate the research in scientific, peer-reviewed publications and presentations at both national and international conference and (b) manage existing projects and developing new project concepts that enable the use of satellite data by stakeholders (e.g., federal and state agencies, non-governmental organizations, private companies) for health and air quality applications. (For examples of some air pollution datasets and existing projects, visit https://airquality.gsfc.nasa.gov/.) He/she will be encouraged to seek air pollution research funding by leading and/or contributing to scientific proposals, primarily submitted to NASA research announcements. The work will be conducted in a team-oriented environment with other NASA Goddard scientists, building collaborations with scientific researchers and stakeholders outside of NASA.
· Analysis of satellite measurements of air pollution
· Manage and develop satellite applications for air pollution monitoring
· Present research findings at national/international conferences and in peer-reviewed publications
· Other job-related tasks as required by the research
2) Required Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Knowledge of one or more data processing languages, such as FORTRAN, IDL, C++, and Python
· Experience processing and analyzing large satellite datasets of air pollutants and output from atmospheric chemistry transport models (CTMs)
· Proven ability to communicate scientific research in scientific publications and presentations
· Strong analytical and problem-solving background.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Willingness to learn and improve.
· Strong team player.
3) Required Experience
Education: Master’s degree in physical sciences (Ph.D. preferred)
Experience: 5+ years research experience in the atmospheric sciences or related field
Successful record of independent research and publications in remote sensing
4) Job Location
GREENBELT, Maryland, United States
5) Position Type
6) Apply for the position at https://usra-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=926
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.