|From||"Letscher, Reiner" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 19 Jun 2019 12:44:12 +0000|
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, a multidisciplinary centre for climate and Earth system research located in Hamburg, Germany, invites applications for a
Scientific Programmer (W064)
to support research activities in the Research Group Ocean Biogeochemistry in the Department The Ocean in the Earth System in general and in particular in connection with the EU H2020 Projects NUNATARYUK (GA 773421) and CRESCENDO (GA 641816). The main working tool in the group is the ocean biogeochemistry model HAMOCC which is a component of the MPI Earth System models. The successful applicant will contribute to model development, design and perform simulations, as well as take part in the data analysis. The applicant will also contribute to the basic model and IT support in the group, concerning the setup of simulations including HAMOCC.
Qualifications / Experience
· Experience, or a strong interest in ocean carbon cycle models and skill in model development is of advantage.
· Experience with simulations on supercomputers, ideally with the MPI Earth System Models.
· Expertise in Fortran, UNIX/Linux, shell scripting, processing and visualization of simulation data.
· Good communication skills, ability to work autonomously and self-responsible.
· Fluency in English as working language.
· A PhD in Geosciences, Oceanography, Environmental Sciences, Physics or a related field would be advantageous.
· The position is offered for three years, with a starting date as soon as possible.
· Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVöD E13/14), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
· The Max Planck Society strives for gender and diversity equality. We welcome applications from all backgrounds.
· Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
Candidates will be evaluated based on their qualifications and ability to fulfill the responsibilities as outlined for this project.
Deadline for applying
Please submit your application until 5 August 2019.
We are looking forward to receiving your application including the following documents:
· A cover letter
· A detailed curriculum vitae
· The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two referees
For further information, please contact Tatiana Ilyina (tatina.ilyina(at)mpimet.mpg.de). Do not forward your application to this email address; the application needs to be submitted through the online application system (see link below).
Please submit the application to our online application system:
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.