|From||Matt Newman <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 7 Jun 2019 11:11:02 -0600|
The Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES) in Boulder, Colorado is seeking a Postdoctoral Scientist to work at the NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory (ESRL) with its Physical Sciences Division (PSD) Atmospheric and Oceanic Processes team.
The chosen candidate is expected to work with scientists at both PSD and the National Weather Service’s Climate Prediction Center (CPC) to develop and apply empirical dynamical models that may be used both for operational subseasonal predictions and to investigate questions of subseasonal predictability. A candidate should have strong mathematics and programming abilities, have excellent communication skills and be very comfortable working in a team environment.
This position will be located in Boulder, Colorado, with an office at the NOAA Earth System Research Lab (ESRL), Physical Sciences Division (PSD).
• Ph.D. in Atmospheric Science, Applied Math, or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience (1 to 2 years experience obtained through academic training) building and running dynamical and predictive computer models, either physical or empirical.
• Experience (1 to 2 years experience obtained through academic training) with either weather-climate prediction systems, large-scale climate dynamics, dynamical systems theory, and/or statistical and machine learning techniques.
• Experience (1 to 2 years experience obtained through academic training) developing structured code in commonly used languages, which might include Fortran90, C, Python, R, and/or UNIX scripting.
• Fluency in writing and speaking English, and exceptional communication skills.
• U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
More info at https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/?jobId=18250
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.