|From||Simon Davidson <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Wed, 08 May 2019 10:22:33 +0200|
Multi-Mission/Synergistic Product Development Engineer based at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt, Germany
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a member of staff with an university degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 3 year’s experience in the development and implementation of software for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data furthermore the key person shall have a minimum of 3 year’s work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C and C++ and experience in scientific data processing.
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: ASAP
Closing date: 27th May 2019
The tasks of the Candidate in contributing to AC aerosol and UV multi-mission/synergistic product development will be to:
· develop a generic co-registration concept to be used for all AC aerosol and UV multi mission and synergistic product developments, including validation and long-term product monitoring;
· prototype the generic co-registration concept;
· document the generic co-registration methodology;
· tailor the generic co-registration concept for specific multi-mission and synergistic product developments including but not limited to
o further development and maintenance of the Metop PMAp co-registration functionality;
o EPS-SG 3MI L1C and MAP product developments;
o Sentinel-3 synergistic atmosphere products;
o ground-based to satellite co-registration to contribute to the development of a multi-mission product monitoring capability;
o GEO-LEO co-registration for product validation;
· test the specific implementation of the multi-mission co-registration concept;
· document the specific implementation of the multi-mission co-registration concept.
Qualifications and Experience
· Have a minimum of 3 year’s experience of the development and implementation
of software for operational processing of satellite or meteorological data;
· The key person shall have a minimum of 3 year’s work experience in UNIX application development and testing in C and C++ and experience in scientific data processing. Experience in the Fortran programming language would be a distinct advantage.
· Development of co-registration methodologies for complex satellite data sets;
· Operational product processing environments;
· Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
· Source code control system, (e.g. Subversion or Git);
· Quality control of satellite data and products;
· Experience and skills in working in projects and environments characterised by a diversity of stakeholders.
· Calibration and validation of satellite products;
· Satellite flight dynamics and orbital geometry;
· Knowledge of the EUMETSAT EPS, MSG, EPS-SG, MTG and Copernicus Sentinel - 3 missions and instruments;
· Java programming;
· Usage of relational databases (sql programming);
· Experience with Scripting languages e.g. Python, Perl, Tcl/Tk, shell;
· Production monitoring and reporting
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
Multi-Mission_Synergistic Product Development Engineer.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.