|From||Roger Brugge <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:24:39 +0000|
Natural Hazards Model Developer
We are looking for a Natural Hazard Model developer to join our Analytical Model Development Team based in WTW-Mumbai office. The successful candidate will participate in all stages of the development of natural hazard risk quantification products. The role requires a strong understanding of natural sciences (Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences), statistical modeling and methodologies, as well as programming experience.
· Strong background in natural sciences and natural catastrophes in particular.
· Analytical skills – the candidate should be able to demonstrate where they have successfully analyzed complex problems either in their past work or during their education.
· Good understanding of programming, with an ability to demonstrate prior development experience.
· Familiarity with statistics including model fitting and scientific experimental design.
· Experience in effective communication techniques applied in internal and external client meetings.
· Ability to work under pressure and demonstrated ability to multi-task and priorities project work.
· Ability to work in a team and autonomously and general willingness to learn and grow within a global market leader.
· Excellent oral and written skills in English.
· MSc in Environmental Sciences/Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences, Quantitative Engineering or a related field.
· MTech/PhD in Atmospheric Sciences, Climate Sciences from reputed university/institutions.
· Experience in catastrophe model development.
· Experience in weather/climate model development.
· Experience with data science concepts and machine learning algorithms related to climate/weather sciences.
· Experience programming in R and Python.
· Experience in GIS (ArcGIS/QGIS).
· Strong grasp of database design principles and familiarity with SQL.
· Experience with git version control systems.
· PhD in Environmental Sciences/Climate Sciences/Meteorology/Climatology, Quantitative Engineering or a related field.
· Experience in writing reports.
· High level of competence with MS Office packages (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point).
About The Company
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas-the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at www.willistowerswatson.com
Interested candidates may send/forward their CVs ASAP to Dr. Mahesh Shinde (Mahesh.Shinde@WillisTowersWatson.com), Shivmala Jagtap (Shivmala.Jagtap@WillisTowersWatson.com) and Gautam Jha (Gautam.Jha@WillisTowersWatson.com)
Only Indian nationals can apply.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.