|From||Celso von Randow <email@example.com>|
|Date||Thu, 14 Feb 2019 23:32:27 -0200|
Postdoctoral Fellow Position Announcement
The Earth System Science Center (CCST - http://www.ccst.inpe.br/) of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE - http://www.inpe.br/) located in Sao Jose dos Campos, Sao Paulo State, Brazil, offers a (1) post-doctoral fellowship on Environmental Modeling with emphasis on Crop Yield Modelling, Soil Conservation, and Soil Erosion Modeling. This vacancy is part of the thematic project "Transition to Sustainability and the Nexus- Agriculture-Energy-Water: exploring an integrative approach with case studies in the Cerrado and Caatinga biomes" financed by FAPESP (São Paulo Research Foundation). This post-doctoral fellowship is funded by the FAPESP and this is a full-time position for 1-1 year(s).
Skills and Competencies:
• Ph.D. in Earth System Science, Agronomy, Meteorology, Agrometeorology, Soil Science with an emphasis in Soil Conservation or another relevant subject area;
• Previous knowledge on carbon modeling in the soil-plant-atmosphere system; or knowledge on climate and soil in Cerrado and/or Caatinga biomes; or soil conservation for sustainable farming methods and practices is desired;
• Practical knowledge of coding and programming languages (Fortran, NCL, R or other relevant programming language) is necessary. The work will mainly be developed in Linux/Fortran environment;
• Experience with NeCDF data manipulation, Tiff and remote sensing data analysis is desired;
• Knowledge on carbon and climate models or interaction-biosphere-atmosphere modeling experiences will be a bonus;
• Writing ability and synthesis in English and oral communication skills are necessary.
Applications must include current curriculum vitae and a cover
letter containing a concise description of the experiences
proposed under this Post-Doctoral fellowship. This round of
applications is open until March 31th, 2019. Decisions will be
made by mid April 2019.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.