|From||"Carlos A. Cuevas" <email@example.com>|
|Tofirstname.lastname@example.org, Alfonso Saiz-Lopez <email@example.com>|
|Date||Wed, 16 Jan 2019 17:06:58 +0100|
The Department of Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate (AC2)
is a newly created research department within CSIC´s Institute
of Physical Chemistry Rocasolano (IQFR). AC2 research efforts
are directed at studying the role of atmospheric composition and
chemistry in the climate system. Further information about the
group´s research can be found at www.ac2.iqfr.csic.es|
We invite applications for a postdoctoral position in MAX-DOAS measurements of atmospheric trace gases.
The Postdoctoral Candidate is expected to:
• Contribute with development and application of MAX-DOAS instruments and retrieval algorithms in the UV/Vis.
• As a part of a multidisciplinary group of scientists, she/he will interact closely with other group members working on tropospheric chemistry modelling and remote sensing.
• Contribute to further deployment of instruments in field campaigns.
• Disseminate research results in peer review journals and at international conferences
Interested candidates must have:
• PhD or equivalent in a relevant field (atmospheric chemistry, physics, chemistry, environmental sciences).
• Experience in MAX-DOAS instrument development, retrieval algorithm and data analysis.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written.
• Interest in atmospheric chemistry and field measurements.
• Excellent programming skills in at least one programming language (e.g. C++, Fortran, Matlab, IDL, Visual Basic)
Preference will be given to candidates with:
• Experience in retrieval of gases/aerosol extinction profiles by inversion algorithms.
• Experience with data analysis and visualisation software (e.g. IDL, MATLAB, PV WAVE)
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience, and is based on the CSIC salary scale.
Applications should be sent by e-mail to Alfonso Saiz-Lopez (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be considered until the position is filled; however, applicants should submit applications before March 15th 2019 to ensure full consideration. The position is available immediately for a period of 12 months with a possible extension up to 30 months. All applications must include current curriculum vitae, statement of research interests, and the names and contact information of two professional references.
Carlos A. Cuevas
Department of Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate
Instituto de Química Física Rocasolano, CSIC
C/ Serrano, 119, 28006 Madrid
Tf: +34 91 561 94 00 Ext: 961359
Fax: +34 91 564 24 31 www.ac2.iqfr.csic.es
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.