|Date||Tue, 8 Jan 2019 17:23:29 +0000|
RWE Supply & Trading has an exciting opportunity to join our weather team.
RWE Supply & Trading is a leading Global commodity trading company primarily trading in electricity, gas, coal and oil markets. Analysis of meteorological information is crucial in trading commodity markets around the globe and accurate weather forecasts play a key part in determining our success. Our team is currently expanding and we are looking for a highly motivated and skilled meteorologist to join our team.
The successful candidate will be involved in maintaining our competitive edge against the market by providing timely and accurate forecasts to energy traders and analysts. This is an exciting role where your work and analysis of meteorological information will actively contribute to positively influence day-to-day trading decisions. The position will be based in our London or Essen office.
Areas of responsibility:
· Produce and communicate forecasts to traders and analysts working for a variety of global commodity markets in a concise and timely manner.
· Monitor high impact weather patterns that are essential in understanding the power and gas demand/supply in different regions of the world
· Critically review atmospheric models and large-scale teleconnection patterns
· Develop quantitative analytical tools to analyse and draw conclusions from large amounts of weather data in an efficient and concise way
· Work closely with the team of meteorologist to analyse and interpret the long-term
impact of weather phenomena across the globe
· University degree in meteorology or atmospheric science
· 2-3years experience within a commercial or trading environment is preferred
· Experience with forecasting techniques on different time scales and with climatological indices
· Ability to be resilient and adaptable whilst working under pressure and to deadlines
· Strong analytical skills to comprehend large amounts of information and communicate findings with analysts and traders in a concise manner
· Efficient user of Python, C++, Matlab, VBA or other programming tools
· Effective team player skills
· Excellent communication skills in English and if possible German
Any questions? Steph Turi (Recruiting), T: +44 207 015 5603
Freundliche Grüße / Kind regards
RWE Supply & Trading GmbH
Commercial Analysis & Global Strategies
Altenessener Str. 27
Tel. extern: +49 (0) 201 5179-1811
Aufsichtsrat: Dr. Markus Krebber (Vorsitzender)
Geschäftsführung: Andree Stracke, Dr. Michael Müller, Peter Krembel, Tom Glover
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Essen
Eingetragen beim Amtsgericht Essen
Handelsregister-Nr.: HRB 14327
Ust.-IdNr.: DE 8130 22 070
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.