|From||Roger Brugge <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Tue, 27 Nov 2018 11:44:51 +0000|
Post-doctoral Fellow on Atmospheric Dust, Air Quality and Climate Modelling
Closing date: 15th December 2018
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The selected candidate will further advance the Institute’s research on regional and global atmospheric composition modelling. The research will be carried out within the Atmosphere and Climate Division of the Energy, Environment and Water Research Center (EEWRC). Greenhouse gas and air pollution emissions are linked through the various source categories, and will be considered in parallel in climate change model projections to study impacts on public health, water and food security.
The appointment will be on a full time basis, initially for a fixed-term period, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
The Post-doctoral Fellow will:
* Contribute to the advancement of the Division’s research in air quality – climate modelling,
* Transmit the results through dissemination and exploitation to scientists and stakeholders,
* Participate in the Norway Grants Assessing Climate Change Effects on Pollution Transport (ACCEPT) project, and
* Participate in the RPF Air Quality Services for a cleaner air (AQ-SERVE) project.
* PhD degree in atmospheric sciences or related physical/chemical, environmental sciences
* Relevant publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
* Presentations on scientific conferences
* Experience or knowledge of numerical modelling and statistical analysis
* Experience or knowledge of atmospheric modelling
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
* Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt to a multicultural, multinational environment
* Excellent knowledge of the English language both verbal and in writing. Knowledge of the Greek language will be considered an advantage
* Experience in air quality modelling, including aeolian dust
* Experience with research student supervision and teaching
* Participation in European Projects, adhering to timelines and deliverables
For full consideration, interested applicants should process their application at The Cyprus Institute JobBoard (http://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/) based on the instructions given. Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae including a letter of interest and a list of three references (including contact information) (all documentation should be in English and in PDF Format). For further information, please contact Dr Theodoros Christoudias, (email@example.com). Please note that applications which do not follow the announcement’s guidelines will not be considered.
Recruitment will continue until the position is filled.
Reference letters: 3
Contact person: Theodoros ChristoudiasReference number: EEWRC_PDFAQ_18_11(2)
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.