|From||Roger Brugge <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Fri, 19 Oct 2018 18:09:15 +0000|
£28,644 - £33,260
As a Met Office Operational Meteorologist, you’ll work at the forefront of weather and climate science, interpreting real-time data, delivering meteorological services and advising our diverse customer group. You will be at the heart of the Met Office’s operations, using our state-of the-art technology and weather information to support our partners in activities such as;
We are looking for experienced Operational Meteorologists to join us on a range of flexible contracts across our network, particularly
in London, Coningsby, Odiham, Northern Ireland, Aberdeen, and Exeter.
Provide accurate and timely, high-impact forecasts and advice to a diverse range of key customers, meet our service agreements and deliver excellent customer service.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Successful completion of BipM in Meteorology or NVQ/RCF in Weather Forecasting or equivalent.
2. Practical experience in Weather Forecasting in one of the following sectors; Aviation, Marine, Road or Commercial Services.
3. Demonstrable customer focus and interpersonal skills, with the ability to understand the customer requirements and weather impacts.
4. Proven evidence of communicating technically complex meteorological information to a range of audiences.
5. Ability to prioritise and be adaptable to change whilst delivering services in difficult situations or pressurised environments.
6. Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating towards team goals, improving products, services and performance standards to ensure quality and consistency.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
1. Familiarity with SWIFT, MMS, Desktop Production Framework and associated suite of product templates.
2. Trained in completing meteorological observations.
Additional Supplementary Information
To apply, please click on the link below and attach the most recent version of your CV, along with a cover letter which briefly (no more than two-pages) states your experience against each essential and desirable criteria.
Key Dates: Closing date 04/11/18 with interviews expected in December or January. Please note that you will be notified if you are successful or unsuccessful.
Please note, when joining the Met Office all new employees will start on the salary band minimum.
Please state your starting location preference on your application. We have a variety of stations across the UK and are also happy to discuss flexible working arrangements at interview.
Relocation or detachment costs will be considered on a case-by-case basis, based on business needs and individual circumstances.
All positions will be within a shift working environment, with a range of shift patterns including 24/7 operations. All positions may be expected to work an element of unsociable hours.
Whilst this is a temporary post, there is the potential for it to develop into a permanent position.
This recruitment post is not offering UK Visa and Sponsorship and therefore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK / EU without restriction. If you are a non–EU candidate you will be required to provide and attach all relevant eligibility documentation to your application at the time of applying.
Some locations for this post require you to gain a full security clearance. In order to work at these sites and obtain full clearance you will need to have lived at the same address in the UK for 2 years out of the last 5 years, or lived in the UK for 3 out of the last 5 years if you have lived at various addresses.
Unsociable hours allowance of £4000 pa
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.