|Date||Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:36:14 +0100|
London based FinTech start-up operating in the agricultural commodities data market and data visualisation are now looking for a full-time Junior Meteorologist to join a growing team.
You will work closely with the Meteorology team as well as developers in order to build and manage a variety of weather data/weather alerts/reports on main agricultural commodities (soybean, corn, wheat, coffee, cocoa etc).
Your role will include:
1) Working in conjunction with and providing support to other Meteorologists on the management of weather data focused on agricultural commodities.
2) Managing the current weather analytics and developing upon these further.
3) Assisting in the creation and management of regular weather reports for commodities across different areas in the globe.
- An undergraduate/postgraduate degree in Meteorology or Climatology
- A basic understanding and keen interest in impacts of weather on agricultural commodities
- Advanced computing skills including programming, especially in python
- Experience in handling and processing of large weather data sets
- Strong mathematical/statistical/analytical background
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- UK/EU resident or valid UK work permit
- Knowledge/experience in tropical meteorology
- Basic understanding of crop cycles
- Experience with React/ GIS/ SQL
- Experience in statistical modelling
What we offer:
Applications close on the 21stOctober 2018.
If you are interested, then please send your details and CV to the following email address: email@example.com
Junior Meteorologist Job.pdf
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.