|Date||Wed, 26 Sep 2018 15:15:00 +0200|
The closing date for these 2 positions is now set to 11 October 2018.
The “Enzo Ferrari” Engineering Department DIEF in Modena,
Italy, seeks 2 (two) post-doctoral research scientists to assess
urban air quality by (1) microscale lagrangian particle
dispersion modelling and (2) by sensor networks for air quality
and traffic, both within the EU project TRAFAIR
The largest part of world population lives in urban areas and demands for better air quality. To answer this need DIEF is leading TRAFAIR, a EU-funded project within the CEF-TELECOM programme, aimed to improve urban air quality in a pool of European cities. The project is based on combining microscale lagrangian particle dispersion modelling, dynamic modelling of traffic flow and an urban network of traffic flow sensors and of air quality small sensors. The test case cities within TRAFAIR are Modena, Florence, Pisa and Livorno in Italy, Zaragoza and Santiago de Compostela in Spain.
DIEF is leading the consortium, which includes local municipalities and University/Research Centres in most test case city, and will provide guidelines and support to the partners in the two key activities of dispersion modelling and air quality measurements.
Job description 1 - Responsibilities and tasks:
Job description 2 - Responsibilities and tasks:
Education: PhD (or equivalent experience) in
atmospheric sciences, environmental engineering or related field
We can offer
• An enjoyable working environment within one of the top ranked Engineering Department of Italy
• Full support from senior scientists with large experience in lagrangian particle dispersion models, atmospheric data analysis and air quality data collection by several instruments, including low-cost sensors
• HPC computing facilities for simulation and storage with
full support by senior scientists with large experience in
handling and integrating big data
Modena can offer
• The home-town of Ferrari and Maserati is a vibrant community with an outstanding liveability (within Q1 in Italy), wonderful food (e.g. Modena hosts the world top ranked Osteria Francescana), and a unique variety of cultural offers either in Modena and within 1h drive (e.g. Parma, Bolonia, Mantua, Verona, Ferrara)
• The 2nd best health care system in the world, according to WHO ranking (https://tinyurl.com/lspep6j)
• A location at 1.5h drive both to the seaside and the Alps, and within 30’ from the Marconi International Airport in Bologna
-- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Alessandro Bigi Dipartimento di Ingegneria 'Enzo Ferrari' University of Modena and Reggio Emilia via Vivarelli 10, I-41125 Modena phone: +39-059-2056328 fax: +39-059-2056243 skype: ale.bigi email: email@example.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.