|Date||Fri, 21 Sep 2018 03:26:07 +0000|
CSIRO’s Oceans & Atmosphere is seeking to appoint an experimental scientist for their Regional Projections unit.
Location: Aspendale VIC – Hobart TAS may be considered
Salary: AU$82K - AU$93K plus up to 15.4% superannuation
Applications Close: 11:59pm AEDT, Sunday 07 October 2018
The successful candidate will work on processing and analysis of global and regional climate model datasets, climate projections and delivery of products and services to next/end-users.
Your duties/responsibilities will include:
- Management and analysis of large climate datasets
- Scientific programming and data analysis to support climate research activities
- Engage users of climate projections to ensure needs are met with targeted products and services
To be successful you will need:
- Relevant Bachelors/Masters Degree in science, preferably with major subjects in physical sciences including Atmospheric Science, Physics, Mathematics or Geography or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience using and managing large climate, weather or related datasets.
- Well-developed skills in data analysis and scientific programming (e.g. Python, R, Unix, Shell) and experience manipulating NetCDF files.
For more details of the position, and to submit an application, go to <https://jobs.csiro.au/job/Negotiable-Experimental-Scientist/503778100//>
For further enquiries or information, please contact John Clarke (email@example.com).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.