|Date||Mon, 27 Aug 2018 13:22:32 +0000|
We (DLR Institute of Atmospheric Physics – LIDAR-Department) are recruiting a:
Engineer / Physicist for measurement and analysis of Wind-Lidar data
Optimisation and operation of a Doppler-Wind-Lidar for gust measurement with research on related atmospheric physics (PhD)
For within our versatile and dynamic group, we are looking for motivated and creative university graduates from the engineering or physics domains striving to dedicate themselves to the design,
test and operation of laser-based measurement devices.
The research focus of your work will be on the determination of atmospheric disturbances as turbulence, gusts and wake vortices with the lidar direct-detection method. For a start, the established experimental realisation of the Doppler-lidar system shall be advanced. Equally existing theoretical simulations of the device are to be adapted and enhanced. Subsequent dedicated field measurements with the system shall allow for scientific exploitation and interpretation of the acquired data.
You are enthusiastic about instrumental research at the intersection of laser technology, optics, atmospheric physics and flight testing? Then you are the right person for our team!
· Completed university studies (diploma, master) in physics, electrical engineering or similar focusing the domains of optical measurement techniques, optronics, signal processing or similar education
· Profound knowledge of geometric and physical optics
· Experience and notably interest optical metrology and electronics
· Elementary knowledge in atmospheric sciences
· Profound skills in programming, preferably in C, Matlab, LabView
· Interdisciplinary communication in English, German and/or French is an asset
To apply, follow the link: AEROLI
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)
German Aerospace Center
Telephone +49 (0)8153 28 1538 | Telefax +49 (0)8153 28 1271 | email@example.com
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.