|From||Craig Clements <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Thu, 16 Aug 2018 14:46:35 -0700|
The Department of Meteorology and Climate Science at San Jose State University is seeking applicants with a specialization in synoptic meteorology with a focus on Western US Weather and extreme events including precipitation, drought, impacts of climate change, fire weather, and other meteorological processes.
Job Opening ID (JOID#): 24693
Rank: Assistant Professor of Meteorology (tenure-track)
Applicants MUST have completed a PhD in Atmospheric Science or a closely-related field by the start of the appointment. Postdoctoral experience is preferred. Applicants should have awareness of and sensitivity to educational goals of a multicultural population as might have been gained in cross-cultural study, training, teaching and other comparable experience.
SJSU values quality teaching, and this will be reflected in the ability to gain promotion and tenure. The successful candidate:
● Will be expected to teach a range of courses that over time will include General Education, and undergraduate (BS) and graduate (MS) courses in Meteorology and Climate Science.
● Must be prepared to teach the core senior class in Synoptic Meteorology, and other BS and MS classes that relate to western US weather and climate, both in the present and in response to climate change.
● May develop new courses in his/her area of expertise. Innovation in teaching is strongly encouraged at SJSU.
● Must develop a research program with a record of peer-reviewed papers, and will be expected to seek external funding to support graduate and undergraduate student research.
● Participate in typical advising, committee, and other department outreach activities.
● Must address the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through course materials, teaching strategies and research mentoring.
Salary Range: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Starting Date: August 2019
Eligibility: Employment is contingent upon proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Applications will only be accepted online: see link below. For full consideration, submit: a letter of application; curriculum vitae; statement of teaching interests/philosophy; a statement of research plans; and the names and contact information for three references (we will contact them after the initial screening of applicants). All materials must be submitted by Tuesday October 16, 2018 to http://apply.interfolio.com/53457. For any additional information, please contact Dr. Alison Bridger, Chair at Alison.Bridger@sjsu.edu.
Please include the JOID # on all correspondence.
Description: Adobe PDF document
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.