|Date||Mon, 02 Jul 2018 16:48:15 +0100|
Internship – Meteorologist (initial 6 months)
London based FinTech start-up operating in the agricultural commodities data market and data visualisation are looking for an intern Meteorologist to join asap. The internship would last for an initial period of 6 months with a view to a permanent position.
You will work closely with another Meteorologist as well as developers in order to build and manage a variety of weather data/weather alerts/reports on main agricultural commodities (soybean, corn, wheat, coffee, cocoa etc).
Your role will include:
1) Working in conjunction with and providing support to the current Meteorologist on the management of weather data focused on agricultural commodities.
2) Building advanced analytics linking weather data to particular agricultural commodity.
3) Creating and managing regular weather reports for commodities across different areas in the globe.
- An undergraduate/postgraduate degree in Meteorology or Climatology
- Experience in handling and processing of large weather data sets
- Advanced computing skills including programming, especially in python
- Strong mathematical/statistical/analytical background
- A basic understanding and keen interest in impacts of weather on agricultural commodities
- Strong organisational and communication skills
- UK/EU resident or valid UK work permit
- Knowledge/experience in tropical meteorology
- Basic understanding of crop cycles
- Experience with React/ GIS/ SQL
- Experience in statistical modelling
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to grow into a young and exciting start-up where your ideas and opinions can make a real difference
- Great team environment
- Paid internship
If you are interested, then please send your details and CV to the following email address: email@example.com
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.