|From||"Emanuele Zanchi" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:06:04 +0200|
At Barcelona Supercomputing Center (the Spanish National Center of Supercomputing based in Barcelona, Spain), we have a new vacancy we would like to share within the Metjobs Community of talented researchers and engineers:
- HPC Applications Support Engineer (for Earth Sciences applications)- Info and Applications at: https://www.bsc.es/join-us/job-opportunities/112bophlst-eng
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure.
*Context And Mission
Supercomputers are indispensable tools for solving the most challenging and complex scientific and technological problems through simulations. The Partnership for Advanced Computing in Europe, PRACE, is a unique persistent pan-European Research Infrastructure for High Performance Computing (HPC) and forms the top level of the European HPC ecosystem. BSC is one of the core partners of PRACE providing a tier-0 system like MareNostrum4 to the PRACE computing resources.
This position will be integrated within Operations department within the High level support team and working closely with Earth Sciences department. The candidate will work on earth sciences applications support for the most relevant projects asking resources at PRACE infrastructure, including the improvement of the scalability and performance of selected European Earth System Models and tools towards Exascale, Data Analytics and efficient I/O as well as code refactoring.
- Optimize and adapt scientific application codes to new pre-exascale architectures
- Improve the performance of existing parallel codes, improving the serial efficiency and the scalability, changing if necessary the code or helping the developers with their required modifications.
- Choose and adapt algorithms and/or mathematical library routines to improve applications to specific computer architectures (accelerators, new programming models, etc).
- Provide consultancy to scientists on new computer architectures and programing models.
- Generate performance analysis and benchmarks for selected applications and report the results to the applications developers.
- Collaborate with other functional groups at European and International level on technical matters related to supporting scientific application work.
PhD in computer science or in any other scientific field but directly related to HPC
Bachelor in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 4 years of experience in a similar position working with HPC codes
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
Experience porting and optimizing applications on UNIX-based systems experience in Fortran, C, MPI, OpenMP, and parallel methods
Experience using performance analysis tools, and parallel debuggers
Experience supporting and collaborating with external partners
Good understanding of Linux environment and Shell scripting
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
Experience in managing big and collaborative projects and experience with git and SVN
Experience porting codes to accelerators (GPGPU)
A thorough understanding of high performance computing architectures
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work within a team to complete tasks on schedule
Analytical problem solving ability
The position will be located at BSC within the Operations Department
We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience
of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
Starting date: as soon as possible
If you want to know some of the benefits you will get by joining our prestigious Research Center in Barcelona, please check out this page: https://www.bsc.es/join-us/why-to-work-at-bsc
If you need any more information do not hesitate to contact us, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación
WARNING / LEGAL TEXT: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged, confidential, proprietary, or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete any copies you may have received.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.