[Met-jobs] Atmospheric Composition Product Prototyping and Specification Service
HAMTEC Consulting a provider of quality staff to the aerospace industry.
We are currently seeking a member of staff with a university degree in meteorology, atmospheric physics, remote sensing, or equivalent
Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Start Date: 3rd Q 2018
Closing date: 14th June 2018
the following tasks:
- Development of algorithms related to the calibration of and generation of geophysical products from the EPS-SG Sentinel-5/UVNS and 3MI instruments and MTG Sentinel- 4/UVN;
- Development of prototype software code for the purposes of testing and validating the algorithms developed;
- Development of an instrument performance models based on specifications to be provided by industry;
- Generation of test data required for the verification of the algorithm and products;
- Generation of associated documentation including test data descriptions, Product Generation Specification (PGS), Product Format Specifications (PFS), technical reports etc;
- Interfacing with experts across EUMETSAT as needed;
- Collaboration with expert groups and the wider scientific community outside EUMETSAT as appropriate;
Qualifications and Experience
- A university degree in meteorology, atmospheric physics, remote sensing, or equivalent
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the field of remote sensing.
- At least 5 years of experience in providing service support for satellite-based remote sensing algorithm development and product processing, preferably within an operational environment.
- Experience in atmospheric remote sensing in the optical spectrum (Ultraviolet to Shortwave Infrared);
- Experience with instrument calibration and characterisation;
- Familiarity with Earth observation systems in operational meteorology, atmospheric composition and climate monitoring (both remote sensing and in situ systems);
- Handling and processing of remote sensing data;
- Familiarity with radiative transfer;
- Good skills in a higher programming language (e.g. Fortran, C++, Java);
- Software build environments and tools (e.g. make, imake, eclipse, insure++);
- Source code control system (e.g. git, SVN).
- Quality control of satellite data and products;
- Operational product processing environments;
Please send you CV in English to:
Simon Davidson via email@example.com
To register with HAMTEC Consulting and to view current opportunities go to our website:
(or Reverse Date),