|From||Jedrzej Bojanowski <email@example.com>|
|Date||Mon, 2 Apr 2018 21:46:22 +0200|
We seek an enthusiastic research scientist to work on modelling
of carbon balance on wetlands applying the newest ESA
satellite missions Sentinel-1/2/3 in a frame of research project
funded by the Polish National Science Center.|
Based in Remote Sensing Centre of the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography in Warsaw, Poland you will work on methodology for carbon balance modeling in Biebrza Wetlands based on satellite data and in-situ measurements of: carbon dioxide by a chamber method, leaf area index (LAI) by LI-COR 2200, soil moisture by TDR method (TRIME-FM), PAR (AccuPAR), wet and dry biomass, surface temperature (IR radiometer, EXOTECH), soil temperature. The newest ESA satellites will be applied for developing models of soil moisture (Sentinel-1), LAI and biomass (Sentinel-2), and latent heat (Sentinel-3). Derived soil-vegetation parameters will be the input to carbon balance modeling. Spatial and temporal variability and change of carbon balance in Biebrza Wetlands will be analyzed.
• PhD degree in the field of environmental sciences or related fields
• Knowledge of the surface-atmosphere exchange of carbon dioxide
• Practical knowledge of the Eddy Covariance method
• Strong skills in the analysis and interpretation of complex datasets
• Participation in the in-situ campaigns at Biebrza Wetlands
• Measurements and analyses of carbon fluxes, i.e. results obtained using chamber and Eddy Covariance methods
• Modeling carbon exchange between the surface and atmosphere applying in-situ and satellite data
• Participation in two publications from the JCR list.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the project manager: Prof. Katarzyna Dąbrowska-Zielińska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A full-time employment contract for the duration of the project NCN OPUS 12 (30 months), gross income 6000 PLN per month.
To apply the following documents should be sent to email@example.com by 20 April 2018:
• CV including a list of publications and scientific achievements;
• letter of motivation;
• a copy of the diploma confirming the obtaining of a doctoral degree;
• the candidate's statement that she/he is not financed from other Polish National Science Center project;
• the candidate's statement that Institute of Geodesy and Cartography will be the primary place of employment.
Please include the following clause in your CV: „I agree to the processing of personal data contained in my job offer for the needs necessary to carry out the recruitment process carried out by the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography based in Warsaw in accordance with the Act of 29 August 1997 on the protection of personal data (ie, Journal of Laws 2016, item 922)”.
Please be advised that the Data Administrator is the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography based in Warsaw, ul. Kaczmarskiego 27. Data is collected for recruitment purposes. You have the right to access your data and correct it. Providing data in the scope specified by the provisions of the Act of 26 June 1974. The Labor Code and executive acts are mandatory.
From among those who meet the criteria set out in the announcement, the best candidates will be invited to talk with the recruitment committee. We reserve the right to invite only selected persons for the interview. The results of the competition will be made public by posting on the website of the Institute of Geodesy and Cartography.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.