|From||"Letscher, Reiner" <email@example.com>|
|Date||Fri, 2 Mar 2018 13:23:42 +0000|
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology (MPI-M) is a multidisciplinary center for climate and Earth system research located in Hamburg, Germany. It is one of the premier climate science research institutes in the world. Located in the heart of one of Europe’s most livable and vibrant cities it provides a highly international and interdisciplinary environment for conducting scientific research as well as access to state of the art scientific facilities.
The MPI-M has opened a position for a
Scientific Coordinator (f/m; W049)
in the project HD(CP)² - High-definition clouds and precipitation for advancing climate prediction (see also hdcp2.eu). The position is located at the intersection of project simulations done at the Deutsche Klimarechenzentrum (DKRZ) and the project members. Tasks include the coordination of these project simulations, code maintenance of ICON-LEM that is used for the simulations done in HD(CP)², preparation of code releases and implementation of the project’s data management plan. Further responsibilities include the communication to DKRZ, its services and the HD(CP)² community. Furthermore, the person filling in this position should be willing to get a thorough overview of the ICON-LEM code and be able to perform simulations on her/his own. Documentation of the project results is also required.
· An individual with a Master of Science degree or higher is sought.
· An ability and desire to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is required.
· Excellent programming skills (Fortran) and experience with the modeling system ICON are highly beneficial.
· Familiarity with the workflow on high-performance clusters and sound knowledge in software version control systems like git are highly desirable.
The selection criteria will value the qualifications, the experience and the ability of the candidates to fulfill the responsibilities of the opening as outlined above. A selection panel will be established.
The Max Planck Institute for Meteorology seeks to increase the number of female scientist and encourages them to apply. Handicapped persons with comparable qualifications receive preferential status.
· The position is available immediately for 12 months.
· Payment will be in accordance with German public service positions (TVoeD E13 or E14 according to the applicant’s qualifications), including extensive social security plans. The conditions of employment, including upgrades and duration, follow the rules of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Sciences and those of the German civil service.
How to submit your application for this post
- A cover letter
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- The names, addresses, and telephone numbers of two references
By uploading the documents in our online Webtool:
Deadline for applying
This vacancy has been opened on 2nd of March 2018. A first cut-off date for the collection of the applications is foreseen on 6th of April 2018. If the position is not filled, this vacancy announcement will be re-published indicating a second cut-off date.
Do not forward your application to these email addresses; the application needs to be submitted through the online Webtool (see link above).
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.