[Met-jobs] Meteorologist job at REConnect Energy, Bangalore, India
Meteorologist job at REConnect Energy, Bangalore, India
REConnect Energy is India's largest Digital Energy Services Company. Founded in 2010, the Company has grown from 2 members team to 54 as on Mar 17. The Company operates primarily in two distinct areas:
1) Predictive Analytics services for forecasting electric demand, wind power and solar power generation for utilities and renewable energy producers.
2) Demand supply aggregation through India's first over the counter marketplace clickpower.in to enable consumer meet their tailor made energy consumption requirements.
- The job profile requires an inter-disciplinary approach to solving technical problems whilst also understanding the business requirements. Everyday tasks include:
- Setting up and running global and regional weather models.
- Dissemination of global NWP data into usable parameters and formats.
- Comparative analysis on multiple sources of weather forecast and observational data.
- Development of methods to improve accuracy of weather forecast data.
- Identification and characterization of complex relationships between multiple weather parameters and renewable energy generation.
- Providing inputs for new product development and improvements to existing products and services.
Expected Skill Set
- Educational Qualification: B.Sc/B.E. + Masters (Meteorology/Atmospheric Sciences/Climatology and related disciplines).
- Understanding of the underlying factors influencing model performance.
- Experience working with BUFR ,GRIB and NETCDF encoded data.
- Experience cleaning, visualizing and manipulating large amounts of data.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision and in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Knowledge of the power and energy sector is advantageous but not necessary however a strong interest in solving global energy challenges is a must.
Manager - HR
Phone: +9180-6547 3384/34
Please consider your environmental responsibility before printing this email!
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, use, copy or distribute this message. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and then delete this email.
(or Reverse Date),