|From||Roger Brugge <email@example.com>|
|Date||Sat, 24 Feb 2018 19:13:41 +0000|
We are looking to further enhance our team by adding a
You will be based initially for 1 year at our client’s headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany. Extension of a further 2 years may be possible. In this large European Agency you will find an excellent and modern working environment with challenging tasks and responsibilities.
The Engineer shall provide consultancy in the Hyperspectral Infrared Competence Area and contribute to the specifications documentation and prototyping of the principal components (referred to as LID in EPS-SG context) and L2 products generation functions, to the operational software integration and verification as well as to the validation and monitoring of operational and future products.
The tasks will typically include:
· Analyse similarities and specificities to the IASI, lASI-NG and MTG-IRS processing, with the aim to maximise algorithm re-use.
· Maintenance and evolution of the products generation specification documents, taking into account the above identified commonalities and specificities.
· Maintenance and evolution of the documentation including new science resulting from internal developments or external studies or contributions.
· Contribution to the review and analysis of specification documents for the input data to the PC and L2 processing chains: e.g. lASI-NG Llc, MWS Llb etc.
· Evolve products processing and format documentations, taking into account issues raised during their reviews;
· Support the porting and re-use of IASI processing software in the context of the new missions, including the preparation and documentation of S/W packages, test and verification data.
· Prototype functions of the PC and L2 processing chain.
· Contribution to the harmonisation of the hyperspectral processors.
· Integration and verification of external software deliveries in the prototype processor
· Software anomaly fixing and algorithm optimisation
· Development and documentation of prototype software and test procedures
· Generation of test data
· Statistical analysis and visualisation of hyper-spectral infrared principal components and Level 2 products
· Development and maintenance of L2 validation and monitoring methodology and facilities, including their specifications
· Contribution to validation reports for new products resulting from algorithm evolution or during commissioning of new instruments.
The Key Person shall have a University degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as computer science, mathematics, physics, astrophysics, meteorology or remote sensing.
The Key Person shall have at least three years of experience in the field of scientific computing.
Specifically, the Key Person shall have experience and skills in:
· Numerical algorithms;
· Inverse problems;
· Validation and visualization of satellite products;
· Development and testing of complex scientific software;
· Documentation of complex scientific software;
· Generation and documentation of test data and test procedures;
· Handling and processing of big amounts of data;
· NetCDF format and using associated libraries;
· Object oriented techniques for scientific computing;
· Concurrent S/W development in a team and Software tools for revision control;
· Advanced use of data analysis and visualisation with tools like IDL or Matlab; preferably with satellite data
Experience in some of the following areas is expected and will be an advantage:
· Principal component analysis;
· Further mathematical modelling techniques (non-linear optimization, regression, neural networks, Kalman filters, etc.);
· Familiarity with satellite data, preferably from IASI or other hyper-spectral infrared instruments;
· Use of radiative transfer models;
· Retrieval of atmospheric parameters from infrared and/or microwave radiances;
· Software testing;
· Software libraries for numerical linear algebra and similar subroutines;
· Very good skills in C++ or other relevant programming language;
· Experience with Python;
· Multi-threads programming
The Key Person shall have good interpersonal skills. He/she shall have the ability to write clear and concise scientific reports as well as clear and exhaustive scientific S/W documentation in English.
The Key Person shall be willing and able to learn about new topics as required for the tasks.
The Key Person shall be able to conduct all activities in an orderly and structured manner, shall be able to work calmly and correctly under stress. The ability to pay attention to details is mandatory, especially in the context of thorough software verification and software specifications documentation before release. The Key Person must be able to work without supervision.
The official languages are English and French. The working language for the position is English and therefore the key person must be able to work effectively in this language.
LOCATION: Darmstadt, Germany
CLOSING DATE: 20th March 2018
MOLTEK has been serving the space and aerospace industries since 1995, providing international consultancy services for a wide variety of clients from private and public corporations to national and international authorities and agencies.
For more detailed information about MOLTEK go to: http://www.moltek.com
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.