- There are a limited number of assistantships available each year.
- Assistantships are associated with specific positions — the positions and disciplines vary annually.
- Assistantships are fixed-term positions — research assistants spend two years in a single research lab or scholarly project.
- Research assistantships are not renewable.
- A position description is developed for each opportunity — applicants must apply for a specific position.
- The responsibilities for each available position are described in the position description.
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree and have a strong interest in undertaking a graduate degree and/or continuing a career in research. It is expected that the applicant's major/degree is closely aligned with the requirements of the position, and that the applicant will have developed the basic skills and knowledge required by the position.
Applications must include:
- Statement of interest in the position (maximum one page)
- Transcript of degree(s)
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or research supervisors
Few research projects are available at the Center for Global Sea Level Change in the framework of the Kawader assistantship program.