|From||Roger Brugge <email@example.com>|
|Date||Mon, 27 Nov 2017 14:24:05 +0000|
Meteorologist at Priogen
Amsterdam, Priogen Office
Priogen is a trading & portfolio optimization company, based in Amsterdam. We are member of EPEX, EEX & Nordpool and trade across the curve, with emphasis on short term power trading & optimization. We have been rapidly growing on the back of the energy transition, as the core of our business model is the combination of exceptional fundamental analysis (weather data, consumption data, fuel prices, etc.) with a strong business sense. We are looking for an astute Meteorologist to actively contribute meteorological information to positively influence trading decisions.
What you’ll do:
As a Meteorologist you will be part of the trading group and taking on a broad range of responsibilities. You will actively contribute to the day-to-day meteorological driven trading decisions and closely collaborate in a small team of meteorologists. Your responsibilities involve:
· Advising and supporting the Traders and Analysts in their day-to-day trading decisions
· Providing the most accurate short term and long term weather forecast for the European power markets
· Critically reviewing the atmospheric models by specifically focusing on large scale drivers (e.g. MJO, ENSO) and model influencers (e.g. aerosols, SST)
· Collaborate with a small team of meteorologists to capture every meteorological opportunity
Who you are:
· 2-5 years relevant work experience as a meteorologist in the energy sector
· Master’s (equivalent) degree or higher in atmospheric sciences
· Strong interpersonal skills to communicate facts and challenge opinions in a logical, systematic manner.
· Strong analytical skills to comprehend large amounts of information and find the connections between these seemingly disparate phenomena.
· Resilient and opportunistic in a continuously changing, fast-pace environment
· Experience in atmospheric modelling and/or programming is an advantage
What's in it for you?
· A true career! We hire to retain and want you to grow and become a superstar at Priogen.
· Colleagues who care! We have a very energetic and collaborative team.
· Interesting and challenging work! We offer roles with broad responsibilities and diverse tasks.
· Performance coachingand training aimed at strong personal development and career growth.
· Excellent benefits! Pension plan, commuting allowance, fitness discount, fresh fruit, juice and soda daily, social events and more.
Does this sound like you? Please see
- and we look forward to receiving your application.
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.