|From||"Boesch, Hartmut (Prof.)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date||Mon, 20 Nov 2017 14:32:44 +0000|
We offer several PhD Studentships for EU and UK students in the Earth Observation Science Group at the University of Leicester. The projects are funded by the NERC Doctoral Training Partnership CENTA.
The studentship will provide a Stipend £14,553 pa and it will cover the tuition fees of £4,195
· Climate change impacts on subsistence agriculture in Sub-Saharan Africa – an exploration using data assimilation with the JULES land surface model.
· Detection of Small Emission Sources from Space
· Developing a robust, compact laser-based aerosol sensing system
· Exploiting cell-phone signal disturbances for urban flood warning systems in mega-cities
· High Resolution Thermal Imaging for Earth Observation
· Investigating the trace gas emissions of biomass burning in the Earth system
· Modelling the physical and chemical evolution of pollutants in the complex urban environment.
· Uncovering the links between agricultural trace gas emissions and crop productivity
More information can be found at:
To apply please go to
Professor Hartmut Boesch
Head of Earth Observation Science and Divisional Director National Centre for Earth Observation
Department of Physics & Astronomy, Michael Atiyah Building, University of Leicester
Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
t: +44 116 252 2273
Go to: Periods · List Information · Index by: Date (or Reverse Date), Thread, Subject or Author.