[Met-jobs] Atmospheric Science MS Research Assistantships at San Jose State University
The Department of Meteorology and Climate Science at San Jose State University is seeking applicants for four funded MS Graduate Research Assistant positions in the following topics:
(1) Ice and mixed-phase cloud microphysics using aircraft-based observations (Dr. Minghui Diao).
(2) Boundary layer controls on convective transitions using lidar and radar observations (Dr. Neil Lareau).
(3) Understanding Extreme Fire Weather Hazards in Santa Barbara, California (Dr. Craig Clements). (4) Field experiments to study extreme fire behavior in New Zealand (Dr. Craig Clements).
Each position provides a tuition benefit and stipend for up to two years (contingent on performance, renewal of funding, etc.).
(1) B.S. in science, preferably in atmospheric science or closely related field, but other applicants will also be considered.
(2) Python, MATLAB, or other programming experience.
Review of applicants will begin on 15 January 2018
. The start date for some positions could be as soon as June 1 2018
, depending on applicant/PI.
If you’re interested please contact the department graduate advisor: Dr. Craig Clements email@example.com
for more information and details about applying.
Department of Meteorology and Climate Science
San Jose State University
(or Reverse Date),